| If you are having trouble accessing IMDSG materials or presentations, please try to locate your problem here first. If you do not find the answers you need, contact Dan Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org|
I can't log in to the Affiliates Area.
You need to enter the ID "Affiliate" plus a password. If you have forgotten the password, contact email@example.com.
I can't log in to the conference room.
If you have problems either logging in to our live sessions, here are some likely reasons:
Until this problem is resolved, you may access recordings of the sessions from the archives within two days following the webcasts.
- You are using a Macintosh, which is not yet compatible with the new Talking Communities system.
- Your computer is blocking the conference room due to a security issue. Contact your technician.
- Your system has a firewall issue or a system privileges problem. Contact your technician and/or Internet Service Provider (ISP)
I keep losing connection with the live webcast, or the recorded presentation stops before the end.
Possible reasons are:
- You are on wireless connection, and the signal is getting lost.
- Your computer does not meet these recommended minimum requirements:
- Windows98, ME, 2K, XP or 2003 (XP recommended) system
- Pentium 3 500 MHz or better central processing unit (CPU)
- 512 MB available random access memory (RAM)
- Internet Explorer 6 or FireFox browser
- 56K or faster Internet connection (broadband recommended)
- Full duplex audio device, speakers, and optional microphone.
I can't hear the presentations.
It could be that:
- If you have internal speakers, your computer volume is set on mute, or the volume is not turned up. You can change that in your Control Panel under Sound/Audio Devices.
- If you have external speakers and they are turned up, they are not plugged in, or they are plugged into the wrong output.
- If you are using a separate amplification system, you have a faulty connection or the volume is not turned up.
The archived presentations won't play.
You may not have the latest version of Flash Player. To see if you do and to download it free, click here.
I can't open the newsletters.
The newsletters are in PDF format, which requires Acrobat Reader to open. To download a free version of Acrobat Reader, select this link.
Return to Entrance